(This is a main point list to see full list, contact our office)
- All customers must sign a user’s agreement to establish water service.
- All customers must present a valid driver's license or valid ID at sign up.
- Customers must put a $100.00 security deposit & $30.00 connection fee
- A new meter installation (not purchase JDWD#4 owns, maintains, and operates meter and base) requires the same security deposit, connection fee plus an installation fee of $745.00. A residential meter is ¾ inch standard. Customers may request a larger meter at their own expense. The Plant Manager/Operator will determine the cost on an as needed basis.
- A customer’s $100.00 security deposit is refunded once the account is closed and all bills have been cleared.
- The customer is responsible for and will maintain the pipe from the meter to the dwelling.
- JDWD #4 is unable to notify customers of low water pressure or complete water outage.
- Customers are to protect their appliances/water heaters in the event of low water pressure or water outage.
- Meters are read monthly, usually around mid-month, by a meter reading service.
- Bills are prepared on the last working day of the month and mailed out.
- Auto drafts occur on the 15th of each month.
- A customer’s bill not paid by the 15th of each month will be charged a 10% late fee.
- A customer’s bill not paid in full by mid-night of the 25th of each month will be charged a $30.00 delinquency fee. Regardless if service is disconnected.
- Disconnection of water service is done on the 26th of the month.
- No notification is needed to disconnect water because of past due bill.
- If a customer feels there has been an error in the reading of their meter, they should notify the office as soon as possible. A District employee will check the meter reading.
- The Plant Manager/Operator or the secretary usually handles customer complaints. If the customer is still not satisfied, they may attend the public board meeting and address the complaint to the board members.